Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Click to Get Each Episode Hand Delivered! Google Podcasts | Stitcher | RSS | How To Subscribe!
Today’s episode is with Anthony “AJ” Joiner, who designs and executes webinars for radio and media personalities in Atlanta. He also happens to be a Sololab member, joining my group around 18 months ago. When we first chatted, he had many business ideas (As most of us do), and we got him focused on one thing: Webinars. Since then, he’s created a killer, scaled webinar business, and he’s here to share his secrets with us today. Get your Evernote ready, because this one is a doozy.
AJ grew up in a small town in Louisiana and was raised by his grandmother. AJ’s grandmother dropped out of high school at 6th grade to raise her siblings but would always talk to AJ and his siblings about the importance of education.
As well as her day job she had other entrepreneurial ventures on the side like cleaning houses and iron clothes. She would charge $2 a shirt and get the children involved ironing the shirts and give them a dollar for every shirt they did.
AJ’s grandmother taught him valuable lessons in hard work, service to others and what entrepreneurship truly means.
Solving a problem, figuring out what people wanted, then figuring out a way to charge people for it, once I sell it to you now you are my customer what else do you want
AJ’s grandmother first solved a problem by cleaning houses then figured out what else the customer want so she introduced iron shirts followed then by yard work as she developed relationships with her clients.
- Growing up in Louisianna with hustle
- Surrounding yourself with the right people
- Leveraging Relationships
- Growing your email list
- Differences from radio to podcasting
- Doing one thing
- Investing in yourself
- Webinars [51:40]
“I stopped trying to do something and I started to trying to be somebody, so I became the Webinar guy”
Some Steps when creating your Webinar [51:40]
- Breakdown the knowledge you want to share with your audience into different modules
- Create a Sales Page – Check out examples on JVZoo & Clickbank in your niche of Sales Copy
- Create your Hero Story, it will make you more relatable
- Create a Sales Webinar (which is the free Webinar before the paid Webinar) and include:
- Who you are
- What qualifies you as the person that is going to sell your product.
- Your background
- Why are you the expert
- Talk about some of your successes
- Share a story of struggle
- Promote on your social media and run ads on Facebook and Twitter
- Before the Webinar is due to go live, write or have written 4 or 5 articles related to the content on the Webinar
- Add these articles to an autoresponder so your audience will receive these over a 4 week period leading up to the Webinar
To find out more listen to AJ get really detailed in the show.
- Amy Porterfield
- Rick Mulready
- Noah Kagen
- Ryan lee
- Jack Canfield
- Magic Johnson
This episode was brought to you by
OK so this is a killer episode. The full flow of AJ’s onboarding process for webinar clients is awesome and from the outside looking in, seems to be holeproof. Good lessons here for those who take notes.
AJ – you said you would have some template examples for us? Could you please share a link?