After years of being the right-hand man for Michael Port and the Book Yourself Solid Crew, Matthew Kimberley has ventured off on his own. In this show, we chat about the decision-making process that led up to the move, how he spent his last year, finding “white space” in the marketplace, and generally being charming and handsome, which he is. As always, Matthew is fun, funny, and delightful
Mike and Matthew Discuss:
- [spp-timestamp time=”05:10″] International Brand Ambassador
- [spp-timestamp time=”08:56″] Post Cebu
- [spp-timestamp time=”12:15″] Speaking Gigs
- [spp-timestamp time=”16:16″] 16 Principles of Professional Persuasion
- [spp-timestamp time=”17:88″] 2 Decades in the making
- [spp-timestamp time=”19:18″] Crowded Spaces & Focus
- [spp-timestamp time=”28:28″] Manning Up and Making the Shift from Book Yourself Solids
- [spp-timestamp time=”40:11″] The next step and Single Malt Masterminds
- [spp-timestamp time=”46:02″] Finding White Space
- [spp-timestamp time=”54:40″] Brief History of Malta
Always the rebellious one Matthew began busking in London as a teenager, juggling and performing in the streets for money. He soon brought a friend along who would ask the crowd for money for Matthew’s performances; with that tactic Matthew brought in more pocket money and his sales career was born.
Although he took various jobs after boarding school, eventually Matthew found his way back to sales and into corporate sales. While in that industry he found Michael Port and joined his mailing list. He promptly ignored Michael’s emails until one day he didn’t! The opportunity to work in Michael’s team was there and Matthew went after it.
Matthew enrolled, became a graduate of the Book Yourself Solid school and now certifies other coaches in that same program. He’s the man behind the scenes there and loves what he does. Naturally he’s a gifted speaker himself and he brought the house down at Tropical Think Tank 2015!
Matthew started out in timeshare sales in Malta and then into the corporate sales world. One of his passions is the psychology of sales.
Two Decades In The Making
As well as speaking gigs Matthew will be launching his Professional Persuasion Program on how to get more people to buy stuff, in the training Matthew delivers live sales techniques using everyday objects.
This change is not just something he has just cooked up, this is two decades of reading, studying and doing. Honing his craft in sales.
16 Principles of Professional Persuasion
Matthew believes the sales process gets easier when you get a 360-degree view of your customer, to do this you have to create an experience. He has developed a checklist and a guide to doing a sales offer right, it doesn’t matter if its a long form sales page on the internet, it doesn’t matter if its a piece of direct mail, speaking from the stage or negotiating over a period of a couple of years for multi-million dollar power station parts, the same principals apply,
Its managing customer relationships,
These are the 16 Principles of Professional Persuasion:
- Expert Endorsement
- Social Proof
- Pre-empt objections
- Risk Reversal
[spp-tweet tweet=”I Stand Firmly On The Shoulders Of Giants – Matthew Kimberley Episode 432 of Solohour“]
Links & Resources
- Snapchat @mat-kimberley
- Book Yourself Solid
- Kevin Hart on Snapchat – @kevinhart4real
Previous Episodes Featuring Matthew Kimberley:
- Episode 274: Matthew Kimberly on Public Speaking Booking Yourself Solid And Having The Best Voice In The World
- Episode 286: Find Your Swing Solopreneur Coaching with Special Guest Matthew Kimberley
This episode is brought to you by Hostgator! Get 30% off your entire hosting package by using the promo code “solo30” at hostgator.com