One of the first things I did when I started the Solopreneur hour was get an online scheduler, which completely changed how I did business and how I spent my day. Gavin Zuchlinski is the founder of Acuity Scheduling, the slickest way for businesses to automate and manage their appointments online, allowing clients to schedule themselves. Gavin is a self-professed tech geek and espresso maniac (a word he does not used lightly) who wholeheartedly believes in that business should be fun. We both hail from similar parts of Eastern PA, and had a very similar business path through the technical/programming world in the early 2000’s.
This was a fun chat with another self-admitted tech geek, and I’m looking at Acuity scheduling right now as we speak!
We chat about:
- Growing up in a small town
- Estabilishing a great work ethic
- Appreciating the timeline it takes to build something
- How to spend more time getting clients
- How his mom inspired the company
- How long it took him to build the first iteration
- Why he wasn’t afraid to monetize it right away
- Why keeping the company lean and mean is the right way to grow
Acuity has a lot of cool features, and is obviously built with solopreneurs in mind. It can be completely white labeled and integrated, and will sync with any business workflow. Well worth a modest investment to get all of your time back.
Check out Acuity here: http://solohour.com/acuity
This episode brought to you by Hostgator. Get 30% off your web hosting order by using the promo code “solo30” at checkout. http://solohour.com/hostgator