Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Click to Get Each Episode Hand Delivered! Google Podcasts | Stitcher | RSS | How To Subscribe!
AJ Roberts reads a book every 2 or 3 days. He was asked about his top 10 books on his Facebook page, and had this answer:
Top 10 Books Of The Year
Got the following message in my inbox
“AJ, what are the Top 10 books you’d recommend?”
Sounds like a simple question right…
…but considering I go through a book every other day I find this to be extremely difficult.
After all, it really depends on what you are looking for – genre, theme, category, topic, etc.
So to keep things simple I figured I’d share my Top 10 of the year so far…
1. The Fish That Ate the Whale: The Life and Times of America’s Banana King by Rich Cohen
2. Average Is Over: Powering America Beyond the Age of the Great Stagnation by Tyler Cowen
3. Recovery Freedom From Our Addictions by Russell Brand
4. Finding My Virginity by Richard Branson
5. So Good They Can’t Ignore You by Cal Newport
6. How Emotions Are Made: The Secret Life of the Brain by Prof. Lisa Feldman Barrett
7. The Abundance of Less: Lessons in Simple Living from Rural Japan by Andy Couturier
8. The Score Takes Care of Itself by Bill Walsh
9. Helping: How to Offer, Give, and Receive Help by Edgar Schein
10. The End of Your World: Uncensored Straight Talk on the Nature of Enlightenment By Adyashanti
I’ve listed these because unlike so many books that either bore you to sleep or simply rehash the same old information each one gave me a BIG AHA and I believe you may find value in them too.
And don’t worry if you’re not much of a reader as I’m pretty sure all but one of these is available on Audible.
It’s actually become my preferred way to go through a book as I can zoom through on 2x-3x speed and then slow down on the good bits.
I also really enjoy Whispersync so I can go back and forth between reading and listening.
Anyways if you’ve read a particularly good book this year feel free to post it below so I can check it out.
What a fun, deep dive show. Find AJ Roberts on Instagram or Facebook.