In episode 82, Natasha Wescoat joins the Solopreneur Hour to talk about her financial success as an artist using social media. This episode is a MUST-LISTEN for ANY artist or craftsman.
Natasha’s early days with social media led her to discovering how to give value while leveraging her audience to make a profitable and healthy income as an artist. We also dive into what it was like to grow up in economically-challenged Detroit, as well as her time in a “religious extremist group”.
Natasha was more than happy to share her how-to’s, like:
- When to create a business for your art and the steps you should take
- How to license as an artist
- What she'd do right now if she was starting from scratch in social media
- The importance of the story and the process of anything you create
- The Crush It effect: what happened after her story was published in Gary V's book
Natasha professes to have suffered from the belief that “I can do anything” and it shows in her artistic success. She has done what so many others have not: she’s made a thriving career as an artist.
Natasha is a person who is truly committed to creating great art as well as helping other artists bring their creations to life. This show was a testament to that: there are real, actionable steps you can take right now for your business.
Resources from this episode: